Warehouse and Logistics Team Leader
We are currently recruiting for a Warehouse and Logistics Team Leader to support our busy Stores Department.
The role will be based at MP UK’s manufacturing facility in Bourton-on-the-Water for the first 12 months, after this time it will be based in Evesham.
- Management of the warehouse/logistics teams which includes allocation of resources
- Overseeing receiving, warehousing and distribution operations for shipments both domestic and worldwide
- Implementing operational policies and procedures
- Implement job rotation. Plan and implement training to achieve desired versatility
- Ensuring effective and safe use of warehouse equipment
- Responsible for customs, VAT and Incoterms. Developing processes for control
- Working with purchasing to manage stock locations and order quantities effectively and efficiently
- Organise movement to and from external storage units
- Working with finance to coordinate month-end inventory closure
- Inventory analysis and implementation of new ad hoc reports in QlikView reporting system
- Support the identification of slow-moving stock
- Together with Finance, assist our auditors with our yearly stocktake audit
- Ensuring safety of the team
- Motivating and managing the team
- Maintaining documentation and keeping accurate records of warehouse activities
- Assisting with deliveries where required
- 3+ years' Warehouse Management experience
- Experienced in Customs requirements for export/import
- Excellent understanding of Warehouse Management procedures
- Proficient knowledge of inventory and inventory controls
- Valid driver's licence
- Ability to operate forklift effectively
- Proficient computer skills
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Outstanding organizational, multitasking and problem-solving skills
- Strong people skills
- Where necessary, available to work extended hours
- With the relocation of the facility, new storage and stock-management systems will be implemented. The successful candidate will be involved in the planning and implementation of the new warehouse layout including the setup of automated storage systems. (Kardex). We therefore will require a strategic thinker with a key focus on continuous improvement processes.
- Liaising with HQ to implement a new warehouse device barcode reader system
- Provide support to the Operational team with the relocation of stock to the new facility
- Implement a new perpetual inventory process within the new Kardex system for auditing purposes
Attractive package and working environment on offer to the right candidate.
Please send your application and CV to:
MP Filtri UK Ltd
Because we are currently recruiting for a number of different roles, please mark your application 'Warehouse and Logistics Team Leader'